Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Information Overload and Writing Anxiety

I read a lot. I write too little. I neglect this blog.

Today, MEDIATE Art Group mentioned reading my blog via twitter (awesome strategy they have by the way, conecting with their followers through more than a "thanks for the follow!" tweet), and I felt so ashamed. I mean I haven't updated this thing in over a year!
I enjoy writing, but for some reason it cause me a bit of anxiety. More often than not, I start something in my journal or on a piece of paper and I never finish it, I think "this would be an awesome blog post, I have these and these questions, art admins would love to read about this..." but then, I go back to my notes and think "WTF am I talking about?" "no one wants to read this". So, by the time I get my "insecurities" in check, the information feels no longer relevant.

I read on average 4 or 5 interesting articles a day, I skim over many more than that and I always feel inspired but something I read. However, there is so much information, it is hard for me to sit down and just type what I think about it. It actually feels much easier to just talk about it, or just to tweet.

Every day I am getting better and better at writing in under 140 caracters. So is this constant push of newer and newer information hurting me?

No comments:

Post a Comment